07 October 2018

Middle and Peaked Mountains, North Conway NH

One of my favorite regular hikes when I lived in North Conway because it was right in town and from the top you can see the whole Valley.  It was a little steeper and more strenuous than I remember, but then again, I am 10 years older now.  😏



There were thousands of chipmunks for Sunday to chase, so she probably ran another 10 miles in addition to my track.  The weather was misty and humid, with low clouds that killed the view.  But it was all good, because I was hiking in the Whites! 

View at the top of Middle Mountain (click to open, then click on the arrow icon in the center to look around)


I think they left out a zero in that elevation marker.  Or at least this old body felt like it.

Looking at Middle Mountain from the top of Peaked Mountain.  Sunday was looking for blueberries. 


Coming down off Peaked Mountain.

 
Sunday enjoying Maggie's favorite swimming hole at the trailhead.