05 July 2018

The Fox Brewpub - Carson City


The Fox Brewpub was a lunch stop in the middle of a long motorcycle ride.  Absolutely no planning went into finding this place (other than me googling "brewery" from my Princess Seat while holding onto my phone for dear life).  Sometimes we discover the best places with no advance planning. 


The beer was cold.  The patio was in the shade.  The service was friendly.

Carson City, NV is a weird place.  Driving down strip-mall hell, I thought for sure I had screwed up the navigation.  But then all of a sudden, the road went from a busy 4-lane road to a cute little downtown.  The Fox is directly across the street from the Nevada Legislature building (Carson City is the Capitol of Nevada .... who knew??) so at lunchtime, the patio tables were filled with aging white guys in ties.  There is also a

The brewpub is in an historic old hotel.  More info here.

There were lots of little shops, including a winery and a bakery, that I would have explored if we hadn't been on the bike.  Next time we zoom through Carson City, though, I'll meander around.