21 June 2018

Flagstaff to Jerome (motorcycle)

From the Ponderosa Pine forest at 7,000 feet of elevation, down through Oak Creek Canyon, to the floor of the desert, and then back up again into the twisty turny mountain roads of Jerome, this is an exhilarating ride.   I decided to exercise my "princess seat" privileges and let Doug do all the driving.  I'm just not experienced enough yet to navigate all those mountain turns (and stupid tourists).

I took some video, but my internet connection isn't good enough to upload it.  When we get to a better spot, I'll update this post with the video.  In the meantime, here is a map and some pictures.  (If you are a fellow MC rider, zoom in and look at all those mountain curves!)



Wine tasting at Caduceus Cellars

We had both ridden through Jerome before, but never actually stopped to do touristy stuff.  This time, I really wanted to stop at Caduceus cellars because it is the brainchild of one of our favorite musical artists, Maynard James Keenan (frontman for the bands Tool, Puscifer, and A Perfect Circle).  The wine was amazing and is all made with local grapes from New Mexico and Arizona, and made right here in Jerome.  Other than Caduceus, Jerome has several other wine tasting rooms, restaurants and fun little shops.  I will forever regret not purchasing this hat that was for sale in one of the shops (but honestly, I did not want to be seen in public in a red hat!):