22 June 2018

Vegas

We made it to Las Vegas yesterday.  We will be here for about a week, visiting with Doug's father.

It is hot.  Very hot. 


All 3 air conditioners in the RV are working overtime and I just taped aluminum foil to the skylight in the bathroom to keep the sun out.  The asphalt is too hot for puppy paws, so they are just quickly running outside on the rocks to do their business and then back into the air conditioning. 

We are staying in the RV Park on Nellis Air Force Base, which is really nice.  Mookie and Finn curse this choice, however, every time an ear-splitting F-16 or F-22 flies overhead. 

To those of you who have asked how I'm feeling these days - I was great until yesterday.  I'm now just a week short of the 6-month mark of finishing chemo; my energy is starting to return and I've gotten used to managing the various pains and annoying side effects of being poisoned.  Apparently, however, I still haven't learned that sustained "doing too much" is going to lead to an epic crash.  (For the record, it didn't feel like too much at the time!).  That crash was today - after a full 24 hours of deep sleep, I'm starting to feel human again.  But hey, if a crash is going to happen, it might as well happen when its too hot to go outside anyway!  😎